It’s another recall for Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Dermabond liquid wound sealant & Securestrap hernia repair products now being recalled nationwide due to manufacturing defects. Recalls have cost the pharmaceutical giant nearly $1Billion in sales over the last year.
Free Ethicon Recall Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been injured by a product included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
February 20, 2011 – In the latest in a long line of embarrassing recalls for pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson, the company’s Ethicon unit is now recalling approximately 700,000 vials of Dermabond liquid wound sealant & Securestrap hernia repair products. According to reports, the Dermabond adhesive was discolored, while the Securestrap product, used in hernia repair, was pulled because its packaging might not be sterile.
What other products are being recalled by Johnson & Johnson?
Over the past 18 months, Johnson & Johnson has issued a staggering number of nationwide recalls for products due to manufacturing defects. The list includes:
- 70,000 Invega injectable anti-psychotic drug syringes (February 2011)
- 43 million bottles of certain Tylenol, Benadryl, Sinutab and Sudafed products (January 2011)
- Almost 4 million units of Rolaids (January 2011)
- All lots of Rolaids Extra Strength Softchews, Rolaids Extra Strength Plus Gas Softchews and Rolaids Multi-Symptom Plus Anti-Gas Softchews (December 2010)
- A dozen different Mylanta liquid products and one AlternaGEL product (December 2010)
- Three Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom products (November 2010)
- Children’s Benadryl and Motrin products (November 2010)
- 127,000 bottles of Tylenol 8-Hour caplets (October 2010)
- DePuy Orthopedics hip implants (August 2010)
- 100,000 boxes of 1-Day Acuvue TruEye contact lenses (August 2010)
- Tylenol Arthritis Pain Caplets (Late 2009)
- Motrin (July 2009)
Do I have an Ethicon Recall Lawsuit?
The Product Liability and Defective Medical Device Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Ethicon Dermabond liquid wound sealant & Securestrap hernia repair product recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.