What’s the Problem?
According to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), this recall affects the following models of electric bicycles:
- Interceptor Electric Bike (Including Platinum Edition)
- City Commuter Electric Bike (Including Mid Drive Edition and Black Edition)
- Boomerang Plus Electric Bike
- Ridge Rider Electric Bike
- Trail Tracker Electric Bike (Including Gorilla Edition)
- Stretch Electric Bike (Including Dual Drive Edition)
Pedego has received at least 5 reports of the bike’s electrical cable malfunctioning, causing the bike to unexpectedly accelerate, CPSC said.
The recalled electric bikes were sold online and at bicycle stores nationwide from January 2018 through August 2020 for between $3,000 and $4,700.
If you purchased an electric bicycle that is affected by this recall, you should stop using it immediately and contact your Pedego dealer to schedule a free repair.
This recall began on September 23, 2020.
Do I Have an Electric Bike Recall Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Electric Bike Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured by a recalled electric bicycle, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.