Crane accidents are one of the leading causes of death and injury in the construction industry today. Approximately 250,000 crane operators, other industry workers, and non-construction working individuals are at risk of suffering serious injury or death in crane accidents each year.
Free Crane Accident Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been injured in a crane accident, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
The causes of crane accidents are varied. If weight limits are not adhered to, then a crane collapse is possible. Raising the elevation levels of a crane can also pose a serious problem. This is why vigilance is critical when operating or overseeing the operation of a crane. Ultimately, it is essential to not commit any oversights or any serious, egregious operational errors. This will reduce the instances of crane crashes which, of course, will lower the instances of accidents, injuries, and fatalities.
Prevention of Crane Accidents
The Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) requires that a number of conditions be met for the prevention of crane accidents. These include:
- Proper training of crane operators and related workers
- Regular maintenance of crane equipment to prevent accidents by parts failure
- Proper rigging of cranes and loads to prevent workers being knocked down or crushed in a crane accident
- Strictly observing and respecting the load capacity of a crane, according to manufacturer’s specifications can help avoid a crane accident
- Avoiding a crane accident with supervision of crane assembly and disassembly procedures
- Maintaining open communication lines among the various operators, supervisors and workers involved in crane operations is key to prevention of crane accidents
- Provision of stable ground conditions before the operation of a crane
Do I have a Crane Accident Lawsuit?
The Personal Injury & Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus exclusively on the representation of plaintiffs in crane accident lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.