Orval Kent Recalls Coriander: Possible Salmonella Contamination
November 8, 2010 – Last week, Orval Kent announced that it is recalling 23 products because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
The Orval Kent products are being recalled because they contain fresh coriander produced and distributed by EpicVeg, Inc. of Lompoc, CA. Epic Veg, Inc. issued the notice to recall one lot of coriander with the UPC code 033383801049 and lot 6127R on November 3, 2010. This lot of coriander has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. EpicVeg, Inc. distributed the coriander to Field Fresh Foods, a produce supplier to Orval Kent.
Items being recalled include:
- Bistro 28 Cranberry Mango Pico de Gallo
- CA Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad
- Chef Solutions Mexican 5 Layer Dip 12 oz.
- Fish House Foods Ceviche 5 lb.
- Fish House Foods Fajita Chicken Salad Kit 1 lb.
- Fish House Foods SW Fajita Bean Salad w Chk
- Fry’s Krab Ceviche Fry 12 oz.
- Orval Kent Chipotle Chicken Pasta Kit
- Orval Kent Cilantro Pecan Dip 8 oz.
- Trader Joe’s Cilantro Dressing 12 oz
- Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette 12 oz
- Trader Joe’s Cilantro Pecan Dip 7 oz
- 11/20/2010 BJJGHC (West Coast Stores Only)
Salmonella Poisoning Information
Salmonella is a common foodborne pathogen that can cause severe illnesses, including fever, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. While most individuals recover in three to five days without medical intervention, the infection can be life-threatening to young children, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. Consumers with any of these symptoms should call their physician.
Sickened by Coriander? Contact us today.
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Orval Kent coriander food poisoning recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.
Free Food Poisoning Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has become sickened with salmonella food poisoning after consuming contaminated coriander included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.