What’s the Problem?
This FDA Warning affects the following products:
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)
These hand sanitizers are dangerous and should not be used because they contain methanol, a chemical used as an industrial solvent, pesticide, and alternative fuel source, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Methanol is toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested, and may cause side effects including:
- blurred vision
- permanent blindness
- permanent damage to the nervous system
Although anyone who uses methanol hand sanitizer is at risk of these effects, those who ingest the product are most at risk for methanol poisoning, FDA said.
The affected hand sanitizers were manufactured in Mexico by Eskbiochem SA de CV. FDA has contacted the company, requesting that it recall the sanitizers and remove them from the U.S. market immediately.
FDA Warns Against Methanol Hand Sanitizers: CBS Detroit News Video
If you purchased any of the hand sanitizers that are implicated in the FDA Warning, you should stop using them “… and dispose of them immediately in appropriate hazardous waste containers,” the agency said. “Do not flush or pour these products down the drain.”
Do I Have a CleanCare Hand Sanitizer Lawsuit?
The Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in CleanCare Hand Sanitizer Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by CleanCare Hand Sanitizer, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.