February 22, 2019 – Lean Culinary Services, LLC, the Hollywood, Florida, company that produced the recalled chicken salad, initiated the recall after routine testing by the U.S. Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) identified the presence of Listeria in the product.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a confirmable case of listeria infection after eating products mentioned in this article, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and our lawyers can help.
Which Products are Being Recalled?
Specific products affected by the recall include:
- 14.9-oz. plastic tub packages containing “classic chicken salad Made with Bell & Evans White Meat Chicken” and a Best By date of 2-17-19.
- 8-lbs plastic bags containing “classic chicken salad Made with Bell & Evans White Meat Chicken” and a Sell By date of 2-19-19 for use behind the deli counter.
- 7.8-oz plastic tub packages containing “DeliverLean CLASSIC CHICKEN SALAD” and a Use By date of 2/17/19.
- 5.5-oz plastic tub packages containing “DeliverLean CHICKEN SALAD BENTO BOX” and a Use By date of 2/17/19.
All of these products were distributed to retailers in Florida, and bear the establishment number “P-46167” inside the USDA mark of inspection. Click on the link to view labels of the recalled chicken salad.
Signs and symptoms of listeria infection, or listeriosis, include:
- High fever
- Abdominal pain
If the illness spreads to the nervous system, symptoms may include:
- Stiff neck
- Confusion / changes in alertness
- Loss of balance
Do I Have a Chicken Salad Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in chicken salad lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new listeria cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you were severely sickened after eating ready-to-eat chicken salad, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.