What's the Problem?
According to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), this recall affects:
- Alpha Pot 1.2 Liter
- Alpha Pot 1.9 Liter
- Alpha Pot 2.7 Liter
- Alpha Pot 3.7 Liter
- Alpha Cook Set 1.1 - 1.2L pot, 1 bowl, 1 mug
- Alpha Pot Set 2.0 - 1.2L pot & 2.7L pot
- Alpha Cook Set 2.1 - 1.9L pot, 2 bowls, 2 mugs
- Alpha 2 Pot Cook Set 2.2 - 1.2L pot, 2.7L pot, 2 bowls, 2 mugs
- Alpha 2 Pot Cook Set 4.2 - 2.7L pot, 3.7L pot, 4 bowls, 4 mugs
- Sigma Pot 1.2 L
- Sigma Pot 1.9 L
- Sigma Pot 2.7 L
- Sigma Pot 3.7 L
- Sigma Pot Set 2.0 - 1.2L pot & 2.7L pot
- Sigma Cook Set 1.1 - 1.2L pot, 1 bowl, 1 mug
- Sigma Cook Set 2.1 - 1.9L pot, 2 bowls, 2 mugs
- Sigma 2 Pot Cook Set 2.2 - 1.2L pot, 2.7L pot, 2 bowls, 2 mugs
"The nylon latch can disengage from the pot and cause the handle to detach, posing burn and scald hazards," CPSC said.
The recalled pots were sold at REI stores and other sporting goods stores nationwide and online from January 2019 through November 2020 for between $40 and $130.
If you purchased a camping pot that is affected by this recall, you should stop using it immediately and contact Sea to Summit for a free latch repair kit.
This recall began on January 13, 2021.
Do I Have a Camping Pot Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Camping Pot Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.