Update: Massive Egg Salmonella Recall Affects Walmart, Target, Publix Supermarkets
April 17, 2018 – The Rose Acre Farms company is recalling nearly 207,000,000 eggs in 9 states that “have the potential to be contaminated with salmonella braenderup,” according to a recall notice issued Monday by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). The eggs were sourced from a farm in Hyde County, North Carolina, and have been labeled under a variety of brand names including Cal-Maine, Coburn Farms, Country Daybreak, Food Lion, Crystal Farms, Great Value and Sunshine Farms.
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. Conducts Egg Recall
November 8, 2010 – Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. announced last week that one of the Company’s suppliers, Ohio Fresh Eggs, LLC, Croton, Ohio, had a routine environmental study sample which tested positive for Salmonella Enteritidis (SE). Cal-Maine purchased approximately 24,000 dozen unprocessed eggs from Ohio Fresh which were processed and re-packaged by the Company’s Green Forest, Arkansas, facility between October 9 and 12, 2010.
The eggs involved, which were not produced from Cal-Maine flocks, were distributed to food wholesalers and retailers in Arkansas, California, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas. The following packages were included in this recall:
- Sunny Meadow Jumbo UPC Code – 6 05388
- Sunny Meadow Large UPC Code – 6 05388 71457 2
- Sunny Meadow Large 18 UPC Code – 6 05388 71461 9
- Sunny Meadow Extra Large 18 UPC Code – 8 13905 00120 7
- Sunny Meadow Extra Large UPC Code – 6 05388 71458 9
- Sunny Meadow 5 Dozen UPC Code – 6 81135 74355 6
- Sunny Meadow 6 Pack UPC Code – 6 05388 71462 6
- Springfield Grocer Medium Loose
- Springfield Grocer Large Loose
- Springfield Grocer Extra Large Loose
- Sun Valley Large UPC Code 0 33643 00018 2
- James Farm Medium UPC Code 0 97009 01083 3
Been sickened by contaminated eggs? You may have a claim.
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in egg recall food poisoning lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new food poisoning cases in all 50 states.
Free Food Poisoning Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been sickened with salmonella food poisoning after eating contaminated eggs included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.