What's the Problem?
According to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), this recall affects the following Banner Smoked Fish products:
1. Barbeque Spiced Smoked Nova Salmon
2. Brook Trout
3. Center Sliced Smoked Norwegian Style Salmon
4. Everything Spiced Smoked Nova Salmon
5. Finest Sliced Salty Lox
6. Finest Sliced Smoked Nova Salmon
7. Irish Cured Smoked Salmon
8. Lox Trimmings
10. Naturally Smoked Nova Salmon
11. Noon Hour Smoked Salmon
12. Norwegian Style Smoked Salmon
13. Nova Atlantic Salmon
14. Nova Bits
15. Nova Homarus
16. Nova Lox
17. Nova Salmon
18. Nova Salmon Bagel Cuts
19. Pastrami Nova Atlantic Salmon
20. Pastrami Style Smoked Nova Salmon
21. Pepper Crusted Smoked Nova Salmon
22. Presliced Gravad Lox
23. Presliced Pastrami Style Salmon
24. Presliced Pastrami Style Salmon
25. Presliced Scotch Style Salmon
26. Presliced Scotch Style Salmon
27. Presliced Scotch Style Smoked Salmon
28. Presliced Smoked Atlantic Salmon
30. Sliced Gravlax
31. Sliced Pastrami Style Nova
32. Sliced Smoked Norwegian Style Salmon
33. Sliced Smoked Salmon
34. Sliced Smoked Scotch Style Salmon
35. Smoked Nova Bagel Cuts
36. Smoked Nova Lox
37. Smoked Nova Salmon
38. Smoked Sliced Nova Salmon
39. Smoked Trout
41. Trimmed Nova
"Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women," FDA said.
The recalled smoked fish were distributed through retails and distributions, also online purchasing in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Pennsylvania, California, Florida, New England, Arizona, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, Nevada, Oregon, Wisconsin, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. The products were determined through routine FDA inspection to be processed under unsanitary conditions.
The recalled fish come in various sizes in both air pack and vacuum packages. The lot number or sell by date are placed on the back of the package.
If you purchased any fish that is affected by this recall, you should not eat it, and either discard it or return it to the point of purchase for a refund.
Anyone concerned about a potential listeria infection from recalled Banner Smoked Fish should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
This recall began on June 2, 2021.
Related Article: Listeria Attorneys
Other Fish Recalls
- Herring Fish Recall: December 24, 2020 - B&I Overseas Trading Inc. recalled frozen “Veladis herring in oil with Italian spices” which may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled herring fish was sold in a 17.64 ounce (500 gram) plastic package and is stamped with the expiration date of 08/08/2021 and UPC No. 4823097903896.
- LA Star Seafood Vobla Fish Recall: April 24, 2012 - LA Star Seafood Co. Inc. recalled vobla fish products because they were uneviscerated, and may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, the bacterium that causes botulism.
- Import Foods Wholesale Smoked Fish Recall: April 19, 2012 - Import Foods Wholesale Inc. recalled Smoked Croaker, Barracuda, Big Eye, and Red Snapper because the products were not properly eviscerated prior to processing.
- Four Star Uneviscerated Fish Recall: November 28, 2011 - Four Star Import & Distribution Inc. recalled Noya Brand Boyal Dry Fish because that were uneviscerated with the potential to be contaminated with clostridium botulinum.
- Euphoria Fancy Food Uneviscerated Fish Recall: July 25, 2011 - Euphoria Fancy Food Inc. recalled Herring Special Salting because it was contaminated with Clostridium botulinum spores.
Do I Have a Banner Smoked Fish Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Banner Smoked Fish Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new listeria infection cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one had symptoms of food poisoning after eating fish, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.