Avandia Insulin Treatment Information
*** Avandia® Labeling Update 2/4/11: The FDA has notified healthcare professionals and patients that information on the cardiovascular risks (including heart attack) of Avandia (rosiglitazone) has been added to the physician labeling and patient Medication Guide. Additionally, the drug labels have been revised to state that rosiglitazone and rosiglitazone-containing medicines should only be used:
- In patients already being treated with these medicines
- In patients whose blood sugar cannot be controlled with other anti-diabetic medicines and who, after consulting with their healthcare professional, do not wish to use pioglitazone-containing medicines (Actos, Actoplus Met, Actoplus Met XR, or Duetact).
Free Avandia Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has experienced adverse side effects as a result of taking Avandia, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
Although Avandia may be used in conjunction with other medications, in most cases, doctors do not recommend taking Avandia and insulin together, as use of insulin with Avandia can increase patients’ risk of developing serious side effects.
Avandia & Insulin Complications
Complications associated with Avandia and insulin use can include:
- Heart attack
- Congestive heart failure
- Liver toxicity
- Severe allergic reaction
Without emergency medical treatment, these Avandia side effects can be fatal.
Important Information for Avandia / Insulin Patients
Those who decide to start taking both Avandia and insulin should:
- Use both medications only as directed.
- Get regular doctor checkups.
- Seek immediate medical attention should they start to develop the symptoms of Avandia/insulin treatment complications.
Symptoms of Avandia / Insulin Treatment Complications
Any combination of the following symptoms can indicate that patients are developing serious side effects of Avandia / insulin treatment:
- Chest pain
- Blurry vision
- Change in appetite
- Hives or rash
- Stomach pain
- Paralysis on one side of the body
- Easy bleeding or bruising
Contact an Avandia Lawyer
Schmidt & Clark, LLP is currently accepting new Avandia cases throughout the entire United States. Our Defective Drug Litigation Group consists of highly experienced trial lawyers that focus exclusively on the representation of plaintiffs in Avandia lawsuits.
Again, if you or a loved one has suffered any adverse reactions as a result of taking Avandia, you should contact our law firm immediately by using the form below. You may be entitled to compensation and we can help.