How Should I Take Avandia?
- Take Avandia exactly as prescribed. Your doctor will tell you how many tablets to take and when.
- Depending on how well your blood sugar is controlled, Avandia may be prescribed alone or with other diabetes medications.
- It can take two weeks for Avandia to start lowering blood sugar, and make take two to three months to see the full effect on your blood sugar level.
- If you miss a dose of Avandia, take it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take your next dose. Take your next dose at the usual time, and do not take double doses to make up for a missed dose.
- If you take too much Avandia, call your doctor or poison control center right away.
- Diet and exercise can help your body use its blood sugar better. It is important to stay on your diet, lose extra weight, and get regular exercise while taking Avandia.
- Your doctor should do blood tests to check your liver before you start Avandia and during treatment as needed. Your doctor should also conduct regular blood tests to monitor your response to Avandia.