Table Of Contents
What is the Weight-Loss Drug Belviq?
Belviq (lorcaserin hydrochloride) is used to treat obesity-related weight management in adults with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater (obese) as an addition to a reduced-calorie diet and exercise and who have at least one weight-related condition such as high blood pressure (hypertension), type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol (dyslipidemia).
Belviq Recalled by FDA
Belviq and Belviq XR (extended-release) have been linked to an increased risk of cancer and the FDA has asked the manufacturer to voluntarily withdraw the drugs from the U.S. market. The increased risk has included some patients from a clinical trial who were diagnosed with colorectal, pancreatic or lung cancer, or other cancers after taking Belviq or Belviq XR for an extended period of time.
Belviq Side Effects
Taking Belviq or Belviq XR medication may increase your risk of certain cancers:
- Lung Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cardiovascular Events
- Heart Attack
- Heart Valve Damage
- Serotonin Syndrome
- And more
Lung Cancer Symptoms
The most common symptoms of lung cancer are:
- A cough that does not go away or gets worse
- Coughing up blood or rust-colored sputum (spit or phlegm)
- Chest pain that is often worse with deep breathing, coughing, or laughing
- Loss of appetite
- Unexplained weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling tired or weak
- Infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia that don’t go away or keep coming back
- New onset of wheezing
If lung cancer spreads to other parts of the body, it may cause:
- Bone pain (like pain in the back or hips)
- Nervous system changes (such as headache, weakness or numbness of an arm or leg, dizziness, balance problems, or seizures), from cancer spread to the brain
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice) from cancer spread to the liver
- Swelling of lymph nodes (collection of immune system cells) such as those in the neck or above the collarbone
- California Belviq Attorneys
- San Diego Belviq Lawyers Info
- Belviq Lawyers in Texas
- Alaska Belviq Recall Litigation
FDA Recommendation for Patients Taking Belviq
If you take Belviq or Belviq XR, the FDA advises you to stop taking Belviq and contact your doctor immediately. Belviq alternatives may be available to you.
The FDA is not recommending cancer screenings for patients who have taken Belviq (lorcaserin) at this time. If you have taken Belviq or Belviq XR and have additional questions, please talk with your prescribing physician right away.
If you’ve taken Belviq or Belviq XR and been diagnosed with cancer, please call a lawyer at (866) 588-600 or complete the form below for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a Belviq cancer lawsuit attorney.
You may qualify for a Belviq lawsuit against the manufacturer of Belviq and be entitled to significant financial compensation.
- Belviq Lawyers in Minnesota
- Rhode Island Belviq Attorneys
- Belviq Attorneys in Washington
- Ohio Belviq Lawyers
See other dangerous drugs lawsuits our lawyers have taken on.
Get a Free Belviq Lawsuit Evaluation With Our Belviq Lawyers
The Pharmaceutical Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Belviq cancer lawsuits. Our Belviq Cancer Attorneys are handling individual Belviq lawsuits against drug manufacturers nationwide and are currently accepting new cancer diagnoses in all 50 states.
Belviq patients who got cancer after taking Belviq should contact our law firm immediately for a free consultation and legal action. You may be entitled to recover compensation for medical bills and pain and suffering by filing bad drug lawsuits and our defective medication lawyers can help.