If you have used the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) supplement AndroGel, you should know the health risks involved. Recent studies have linked testosterone boosters to severe cardiovascular side effects, including blood clots. Quitting AndroGel now may help to significantly reduce your risk of developing a blood clot; however, you should never stop taking a prescription medication without talking to your doctor first.
Free AndroGel Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a blood clot after taking AndroGel, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of AndroGel and we can help.
5 Ways to Prevent Blood Clots
- Avoid long periods of inactivity – If you have to sit for several hours or more at a time, take frequent breaks and make sure to get up and move around as much as possible. If you must remain seated, raise and lower your heels and toes to promote circulation. If you are a frequent traveler, be sure to drink plenty of fluids on long flights or car trips. Even when you’re sitting at a desk for as little as two hours, blood can pool up in your legs, increasing the risk for the development of a blood clot.
- Drink lots of water – Staying hydrated increases circulation while flushing out toxins that could increase your risk of blood clots. Drink enough water throughout the day so that your organs don’t have to struggle to produce energy and perform their functions. You don’t have to drink gallons, but you should drink water whenever you feel thirsty. Try drinking warm water, as cold water can close up and restrict the veins.
- Get your heart checked – Over 4 million men and women in the U.S. have an irregular heartbeat, also known as cardiac arrhythmia. However, the condition often goes undetected because, in a large number of cases, there are no accompanying symptoms. Irregular heartbeats can increase your risk of blood clots.
- Know the symptoms of a blood clot – Listen to your body and be aware of what it’s telling you. Swelling in the leg, leg pain, rapid or irregular heart rate, unexplained sweating, fatigue and feeling faint are some of the characteristic symptoms of a blood clot.
- Quit AndroGel Now – Recent studies have identified a significant increased risk (up to 30% or more) of severe cardiovascular side effects associated with the use of testosterone supplements like AndroGel. Therefore, discontinuing treatment with this product may drastically reduce your risk of developing a blood clot. But again, NEVER stop taking a prescription medication without consulting your physician first.
Can I File an AndroGel Lawsuit?
Only a qualified attorney can determine whether you are eligible to file an AndroGel Blood Clot Lawsuit, which is why we are currently offering free case evaluations. Simply fill out the confidential evaluation form below to contact our law firm now.
Most cases involving pharmaceuticals allege that a drug was sold with design, manufacturing, and/or marketing defects, which typically refers to a company’s failure to warn of a certain side effect. In the case of AndroGel, our attorneys suspect that patients may be able to take legal action in light of claims that manufacturers failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about the risk of blood clot.
How Can Filing a Lawsuit Help Me?
By filing a lawsuit against the maker of AndroGel, you may be entitled to collect compensation for all current and future medical expenses related to the treatment of your blood clot, as well as for damages for pain and suffering. Additionally, filing a lawsuit can help hold the drug’s manufacturer accountable for releasing an allegedly defective drug into the marketplace, and to discourage other pharmaceutical companies from engaging in similar conduct.
Do I Have an AndroGel Blood Clot Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in AndroGel Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new AndroGel Blood Clot cases in all 50 states.
Free AndroGel Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a blood clot after using AndroGel, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing an AndroGel Suit and we can help.