Have you undergone testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) with AndroGel? Have you experienced a blood clot after using this treatment? If so, you may be entitled to compensation through the filing of an AndroGel Blood Clot Lawsuit.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a blood clot after using AndroGel, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of the testosterone booster and we can help.
Update: First AndroGel Bellwether Ends in Mistrial
June 19, 2017 – The first attempt to hold AbbVie Inc. responsible for the side effects alleged from AndroGel has ended in a mistrial after the lead plaintiff’s attorney suffered from heart problems. Court documents indicate that the man was hospitalized with heart complications on June 10 and underwent an unspecified procedure, but has since been released and is now recovering back home.
Study: AndroGel May Increase Blood Clot Risk by up to 30%
Using testosterone boosters like AndroGel increases the risk of life-threatening heart complications by approximately 30% in middle-aged and older men, according to a November 2013 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). These side effects include AndroGel blood clots and stroke. The study’s authors reviewed thousands of TRT users and reached findings that should give pause to any man considering treatment with AndroGel. The test subjects, who had an average age of 60, were diagnosed with low testosterone levels and were undergoing coronary angiography, a procedure that measures changes in the heart.
The JAMA study and others have linked AndroGel testosterone therapy with:
- Stroke – When a blood clot reaches the brain and restricts the supply of oxygen
- Pulmonary embolism – Blood clot becomes stuck in the lungs
- Heart attack – Sudden and potentially deadly loss of blood flow in the heart
- Arrhythmia – Irregular heartbeat
- Transient ischemic attacks – Blood flow to part of the brain stops for a brief period of time
An cardiovascular event is deemed serious if:
- The patient died
- The patient’s condition could have resulted in death
- The cardiac event caused permanent damage
- The patient required hospitalization / surgery
AndroGel Blood Clot Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of an AndroGel-induced blood clot may include:
- pain in the calf
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- coughing blood
Blood Clot Treatment
Depending on the location of the blood clot and the patient’s overall health, AndroGel blood clots may be treated several different ways. If you’ve suffered any of the above-listed symptoms, and feel you may have a blood clot, consult your physician immediately.
Over the past several years, there have been many scientific advances that have improved the ability to treat AndroGel blood clots. These include:
- Anticoagulant Medications – Drugs that prevent blood from clotting
- Clot Busters – Drugs designed to dissolve blood clots
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis – Procedure in which a long, thin tube (catheter) is inserted and positioned toward the clot, where it delivers medicine that dissolves it
- Thrombectomy – surgery to remove the clot
If you are diagnosed with a blood clot after taking AndroGel, your doctor may refer you to a hematologist (doctor who specializes blood diseases). Patients with arterial disease who are at an increased risk for developing blood clots in their arteries may receive additional treatment from a cardiologist (heart specialist).
Do I Have an AndroGel Blood Clot Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in AndroGel Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new AndroGel blood clot cases in all 50 states.
Free AndroGel Blood Clot Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a blood clot after taking AndroGel, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Testosterone Blood Clot Suit and we can help.