Our lawyers are now accepting potential lawsuits on behalf of AndroGel users who developed a blood clot. A Nov. 2013 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) found that men who take testosterone supplements like AndroGel may be up to 30% more likely to suffer a blood clot or other severe cardiovascular outcome. As a result of these problems, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has launched an investigation to determine the cardiovascular risks associated with prescription testosterone treatments.
Free AndroGel Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a blood clot after taking AndroGel, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against the manufacturer of AndroGel and we can help.
What are the Complications of a Blood Clot?
Although blood clots are the body’s natural defense mechanism to stop bleeding after an injury, life-threatening complications can occur when a clot becomes trapped in a vital organ and restricts blood flow. Minor complications may include discomfort and/or tenderness in the area of the body the clot is located. Major complications may occur when clots get stuck the lungs, brain, heart or kidneys. Any complication resulting from an AndroGel blood clot should be treated as a medical emergency, and patients experiencing symptoms of a blood clot should call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – Blood clot most commonly found in the thigh or leg. Complications resulting from a DVT include reduced blood flow and damage to vein walls. Symptoms of deep vein thrombosis include swelling and leg pain. If DVTs are not treated in a timely manner, veins, organs and vessels can be damaged as well.
- Pulmonary Embolism (PE) – Severe complication resulting from an AndroGel blood clot. PE occurs when the pulmonary artery or one of its branches become blocked. In most cases, this is the result of a clot that develops in a vein and migrates to the lungs, blocking blood flow. It has been estimated that about one-third of people with pulmonary embolism are undiagnosed or untreated. Patients who have already had a pulmonary embolism in the past are at an increased risk of developing another one in the future.
- Stroke – When an AndroGel blood clot migrates to the brain, it can cause a stroke. These clots block blood flow to the brain, depriving brain tissues of the nutrients and oxygen they require to function properly. Strokes caused by a blood clot can result in memory loss, paralysis, numbness, pain, and problems with walking or talking. Lack of blood flow to the brain for just a minute or two causes cells to die, which may result in paralysis, permanent disability or even death.
- Heart Attack – Blood clots that become trapped in a coronary artery may result in a heart attack, blocking blood flow and causing damage to the heart muscle. Once a clot has migrated to the heart, complications such as leaky heart valves and abnormal heart rhythms can be deadly.
- Kidney Failure – The kidneys clean out waste and fluids from the body. Blood clots that get stuck in the kidneys can block or severely inhibit blood flow, which can cause kidney failure and the inability of the organ to remove waste products. Kidney problems can also cause high blood pressure.
Can I File an AndroGel Lawsuit?
Only a qualified attorney can determine whether you are eligible to file an AndroGel Blood Clot Lawsuit, which is why we are currently offering free case evaluations. Simply fill out the confidential evaluation form below to contact our law firm now.
Most cases involving pharmaceuticals allege that a drug was sold with design, manufacturing, and/or marketing defects, which typically refers to a company’s failure to warn of a certain side effect. In the case of AndroGel, our attorneys suspect that patients may be able to take legal action in light of claims that manufacturers failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about the risk of blood clot.
How Can Filing a Lawsuit Help Me?
By filing a lawsuit against the maker of AndroGel, you may be entitled to collect compensation for all current and future medical expenses related to the treatment of your blood clot, as well as for damages for pain and suffering. Additionally, filing a lawsuit can help hold the drug’s manufacturer accountable for releasing an allegedly defective drug into the marketplace, and to discourage other pharmaceutical companies from engaging in similar conduct.
Do I Have an AndroGel Blood Clot Lawsuit?
The Product Liability & Defective Drug Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in AndroGel Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new AndroGel Blood Clot cases in all 50 states.
Free AndroGel Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one suffered a blood clot after using AndroGel, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing an AndroGel Suit and we can help.