A Blackshear, Georgia firm is now recalling five pound cartons of frozen egg product because they have the potential to be contaminated with salmonella, a toxic foodborne pathogen that can cause serious and potentially life-threatening infections. The recalled egg product was distributed to Georgia and Florida, and sold to three distributors and/or further food manufacturers. Consumers who have this product in their possession should discard it immediately or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Free American Egg Products Recall Suit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been severely sickened after consuming American Egg Products included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
October 24, 2011 – Today, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration issued a press release to inform the public that American Egg Products is recalling the following the following items because they may be contaminated with salmonella bacteria:
- American Egg Products Frozen Egg Product Lot # 272-1 Plant Number 272 1 P 1105
These products come in five pound paper cartons, and can be identified by the lot number printed across the side of the master case and the plant number embossed on the gable of each individual carton inside the case.
This recall was initiated as a result of independent routine sampling that confirmed the salmonella contamination. American Egg Products has ceased distribution of the items as the FDA continues its investigation to identify the source of the outbreak.
Facts About Salmonella Food Poisoning
- Contrary to popular belief, salmonella is not one but a group of bacteria that cause illness in humans.
- Salmonella bacteria live in the intestinal tracts of humans and other animals, including birds.
- Among the many different types of salmonella bacteria, Salmonella serotype Typhimurium and Salmonella serotype Enteritidis are the most commonly reported in the United States.
- Each year, about 40,000 people develop salmonella infection in the United States alone.
- The rate of occurrence is highest in people younger than 20 years old.
Want to Learn More?
Click on the links below if you’d like additional information on these topics from Schmidt & Clark, LLP:
Do You Have an American Egg Products Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in American Egg Products recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new salmonella food poisoning cases in all 50 states.
Free American Egg Products Recall Suit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with salmonella food poisoning after consuming American Egg Products included in this recall, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.