Table Of Contents
What’s the Problem?
This recall affects Altec ST Spray Trucks from model years 2017-2020, according to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The battery fuse holder on affected spray trucks may have been improperly mounted, potentially causing an electrical short circuit, NHTSA said. An electrical short circuit can increase the risk of a fire.
Altec is notifying owners and dealers will install a new battery fuse holder, free of charge. This recall began on June 16, 2020.
What to do if Your Battery Catches Fire
- Most modern batteries contain a small amount of lithium metal which can be doused with water in case of a fire. However, lithium-metal batteries require a Class D fire extinguisher to extinguish.
- Water interacts with lithium, so if a Class D extinguisher is not available, only pour water to prevent the fire from spreading.
- When dousing a lithium-ion fire, use a foam extinguisher, CO2, ABC dry chemical, powdered graphite, copper powder, or sodium carbonate, as you would extinguish other combustible fires. Class D extinguishers are for lithium-metal fires only.
- If a lithium-ion battery fire cannot be put out, allow the pack to burn in a controlled and safe way.
- Be aware of cell propagation, as each cell might ignite on its own without warning. Place a seemingly burned-out pack outside until you’re absolutely sure the fire is extinguished.
- If other combustibles ignite as the result of a battery fire, then use the appropriate extinguishing agent (see above) to put out the secondary fires. It is important to address each type of fire with the appropriate extinguishing agent.
- Only trained personnel should attempt to extinguish a lithium-metal or lithium-ion battery fire.
See all related product liability lawsuits our attorneys covered so far.
Do I Have an Altec Spray Trucks Lawsuit?
The Product Liability Litigation Group at Schmidt & Clark, LLP law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Altec Spray Trucks Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a recalled Altec Spray Truck, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.