Acute Phosphate Nephropathy has been linked to the use of oral sodium phosphate (OSP) medications
Free OSP Acute Phosphate Nephropathy Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has developed acute phosphate nephropathy or any other form of kidney injury after using OSP medications, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
It is important that patients taking oral sodium phosphates understand the signs, symptoms, and risk factors for acute phosphate nephropathy. Indications that a patient is developing this form of severe kidney damage include (but are not limited to):
- abnormal heart rate
- difficult urination
- high blood pressure
- lower back pain
- muscle spasms and cramping
Patients with the highest risk of developing this severe OSP side effect include those who are over 55 and / or who have a history of dialysis, electrolyte imbalance, or kidney disease. Patients can lower their chances of developing acute phosphate nephropathy by:
- taking OSP medications only as directed
- staying hydrated while on a course of OSP drugs (This typically entails drinking at least 8-ounces of clear fluids with each dose of OSP medication)
- familiarizing themselves with the signs and symptoms of OSP kidney damage
- attending all follow-up doctor’s appointments to ensure that no serious side effects have developed
- NOT taking an OSP if they have already taken one within the past 7 days
Do I have an Acute Phosphate Nephropathy Lawsuit?
The Defective Drug & Product Liability Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus exclusively on the representation of plaintiffs in Acute Phosphate Nephropathy lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cases in all 50 states.