Food Recall Alert: Listeria test prompts nationwide recall of broccoli products. Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Consumers are advised to discard recalled products immediately and seek medical attention if telltale symptoms appear.
Free Broccoli Recall Case Evaluation: If you or a loved one has become sickened with food poisoning after consuming any of the products included in this article, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.
What’s the problem?
February 28, 2011 - Taylor Farms Pacific is now recalling broccoli products nationwide due to the potential presence of Listeria monocytogenes bacteria. Items included in this recall were distributed to Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Pak N’ Save stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Specific products include:
– TFarms, Snack Pot Penne Alfredo 8/10.75 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Asian Pasta Toss 1/12 oz Tray
– Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 4/23 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Yellow Curry Chicken Rice Bowl 17 oz Tray
– Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 1/23 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Veggie Blend 4/12 oz
– Raley’s, Cheese Stuffed Shells W/Rustica Tomatoes Sauce 14 oz
– TFarms, Snack Pot Pasta Primavera 8/12 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Grilled Chicken Breast W/Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 14 oz
– Raley’s, Vegetable 1/3(hash) Tray
– Raley’s, Broccoli Rice & Cheese 16 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Vegetable & Dip Pre-made Impulse 1/28 oz Tray
– Raley’s, Udon Pork Noodle Bowl 17 oz Tray
– Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 4/34 oz
– Raley’s, Udon Chicken Noodle Bowl 17 oz Tray
– Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 1/34 oz
– Raley’s, Family Grilled Chicken Penne Alfredo 37.5 oz Tray
– Raley’s Vegetable Catering Kit
In addition, Safeway issued its own recall of broccoli salad and pasta salad, both sold at its store delis, and two pre-packed vegetable trays in connection with the Taylor Farms Pacific announcement.
What is Listeriosis Monocytogenes?
Listeria food poisoning (listeriosis) is caused by Listeria monocytogenes bacteria. Infections typically affect pregnant women, newborn babies, and individuals with suppressed immune systems. Symptoms of listeriosis include fever, vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, difficulty breathing, and poor feeding in newborns. The earlier listeriosis is detected the better, so it is important to report any symptoms to your doctor immediately after experiencing them.
Do I have a Broccoli Recall Lawsuit?
The Food Poisoning Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in broccoli recall lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new listeria food poisoning cases in all 50 states.